Each year, Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD) recognizes a diverse group of 12 women in Central Ohio. These women are high-impact leaders within their organizations, support the leadership development of other women, give time, talent and resources to their community, and invest in the growth of women-owned businesses. WELD has named Sheri Chaney Jones, Founder and President, Measurement Resources Company; Founder and CEO, SureImpact, Inc., among the 12 Women WELDing the Way® Honorees for 2024.
WELD President & CEO Barb Smoot shares, “WELD’s Columbus Chapter is thrilled to announce the names of this year’s diverse group of talented leaders who will be featured in our 2024 Women WELDing the Way® calendar with the theme Empower Women: Pay It Forward. This year’s calendar is extra special because it is our 20th anniversary calendar. The women being recognized have stepped up as leaders in new and bolder ways to create the change needed to empower women and overcome economic disparity in our communities and workplaces. Our WELDing the Way® calendar honorees are making a difference in the spaces they lead in and are tenacious in paving the way for the next generation of leaders in the process. They inspire others by living WELD’s mission to develop and advance women’s leadership to strengthen the economic prosperity of the communities we serve.”
2023 WELD Riveter Award winner, Tracy Townsend, WBNS-10TV News Anchor, will return for her eighth year as Mistress of Ceremonies.
WELD honors the achievements of these notable women in our annual Women WELDing the Way® calendar. Congratulations to WELD’s 2024 class of amazing women:
- Siobhan Boyd-Nelson, JD, Deputy Director,
Equality Ohio Education Fund
- Tresalyn Butler, Director of Social Services, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
- Lilleana Cavanaugh, MBA, CPM, Executive Director, Ohio Latino Affairs Commission
- Shellee Fisher, Owner & Lead Photographer, Shellee Fisher Photography & Design, LLC
- Lyda G. Garcia, Associate Professor / Extension Meat Specialist, College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences at The Ohio State University State University
- Pamela Gregory, Owner & CFO, National Center for Urban Solutions
- Sheri Chaney Jones, Founder and President, Measurement Resources Company; Founder and CEO, SureImpact, Inc.
- Rhonda Talford Knight, PhD, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Bricker Graydon LLP
- Alison Marker, President + CEO, Marker, Inc.
- Tauana McDonald, President and COO, Mount Carmel Grove City Hospital
- Sarah Crabtree Perez, Firm Managing Partner, Perez Morris LLC
- Jenny L. Saunders, President, FCBank, a Division of CNB
The 2024 Women WELDing the Way® honorees will be recognized at a reception at the Ohio Statehouse Atrium from 6:00–8:00 p.m., on November 2, 2023.
WELD is proud to announce that Pam Cunningham, Software Engineering Product Manager, Nationwide Insurance, DeDe Miser, Owner, DDMiser Coaching and Consulting, LLC and Jaime Truslow, Senior Director, Information Technology, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, will partner with WELD Chief Operating Officer Deepa Kellar as volunteer co-chairs who will lead the development of the calendar and the planning of the reception. WELD’s mission is to develop and advance women’s leadership to strengthen the economic prosperity of the communities it serves.
For more information on WELD, visit www.weldusa.org. For WELD media inquiries, please contact Deepa Kellar, WELD COO, firstname.lastname@example.org.