Successful government and nonprofit organizations have systems in place for measuring and communicating their impact and value and use this information in strategic decision-making. These strategies allow them to grow and expand their funding and outreach. Despite successful results, only 24% of social sector organizations are fully embracing these systems.
The majority of organizations are avoiding these activities because they don’t know where to start in terms of measuring outcomes or believe that these efforts will take too much time and cost too much money. Measurement Resources helps organizations remove these barriers and get started quickly!
Measurement Resources Company’s Quick Start Performance Measurement System™ is an effective and economical solution that removes many of these initial obstacles to success. The results of this program include a specific plan to measure and communicate an organization’s value and impact that is aligned with future sustainability and growth goals.
The Quick Start Performance Measurement System™ includes:
- An Online Survey: Each organization completes an online survey that collects all the background information necessary for developing the action plan. This survey may be completed by as many individuals as needed within each organization.
- A Personalized Logic Model: Each organization will receive a personalized logic model for their organization that contains all possible key performance measures, benchmarks, and outcomes based on their survey results and industry standards.
- Half-day Facilitated Workshop: Sheri Chaney Jones of Measurement Resources Company, visit with each organization and their key staff to conduct a half-day facilitation to determine the best set of measures, benchmarks, and activities to measure and communicate the organization’s value.
- Action Plan: Each organization walks away with a step-by-step action plan to implement their new performance measurement system and achieve desired results.
- Bonus Follow-up Meeting: Sheri Chaney Jones will conduct one 30 minute technical assistance debriefing meeting via conference call scheduled at the organization’s request. In this meeting Sheri will review the whole process, and provide key insights developed from experience that will help ensure success as the organizations moves forward with their performance measurement action plans. This call will be recorded and the recording will be sent to the organization for future reference.
Next Step: Measurement Capacity Building: Implementation, Collection, and Analysis of Oversight of Measurement Implementation
Measurement Resources provides technical assistance and coaching to all measures implementation and data collection. We provide monthly progress calls and unlimited phone and email support to ensure critical data are timely and accurately being collected.
Analysis and Establishment of Baseline Data
Measurement Resources conducts a formal evaluation of performance and outcome data to establish baselines for critical measures. This will lead to the creation of a performance and impact report that can be replicated every year to demonstrate progress and success.
Training and Next Year Planning
Measurement Resources prepares a training manual around the performance measurement system and data analysis associated with the outcomes and evaluation plan. The goal is that the organization will be equipped to conduct all activities on their own going forward. In addition, they will conduct a session with the Board and Executive Director of what the data means and recommended changes and actions based on these data.